The five-part series outlined the major disruptions that will re-shape the way marketers work in 2017:
- Digital transformation redefines “marketing” beyond the marketing department.
- Microservices & APIs (and open source) form the fabric of marketing infrastructure.
- Vertical competition presents a greater strategic threat than horizontal competition.
- AR, MR, VR, IoT, wearables, conversational interfaces, etc. give us digital everything.
- Artificial intelligence multiplies the operational complexity of marketing & business.
Here's an excerpt from the piece:
Up until now, the complexity of such campaigns was constrained by our limitations as humans. We could only keep track of so many rules, for so many segments, at so many trigger points before it became an unmanageable tangled mess. But AI-powered marketing automation will have no such constraints. Machines will calculate thousands of microsegments and microtriggers, dynamically adjusting their own internal “rules” for optimizing engagement.
Again, this is not hypothetical. For one example, check out the AI-powered marketing optimization product Amplero, which boasts continuous testing of 1,000’s of marketing permutations through multi-armed bandit experiments.
This creates orders of magnitude greater complexity in marketing’s overall “system” — albeit most of it invisible to human marketers.
Read the full article at chiefmartec.com.
Amplero is a digital intelligence platform that enables marketers to achieve what's not humanly possible by leveraging machine learning and multi-armed bandit experimentation to automatically optimize every customer interaction to maximize customer lifetime value and loyalty.
Using Amplero, marketers in telecom, banking and finance, gaming, and software-as-a-service have seen more than three percent incremental growth in customer revenue and five times retention benefit, often touching their customers less frequently while delivering great omni-channel customer experiences.
To learn more or schedule a demo, contact us today.